Research work is a fairly voluminous work, which includes serious elements of analysis and synthesis on a specific topic. Moreover, it is necessary to provide a mandatory evidence base to substantiate the results obtained.
Even if these points are taken into account and sufficiently clearly formulated, this is not a guarantee of a successful defense result. After all, there are still mandatory requirements for registration, non-compliance with which may negatively affect the protection process.
The results of the research are recommended to be published in a scientific article.
Requirements for the structure of research work
It is necessary to understand that today there is a standard for the design of research papers, which should be strictly adhered to. It applies to all types of research work – search, research and fundamental, regardless of the field of technology and science. Excluding humanitarian profile only.
The standard is used in their work by industrial and industrial enterprises and associations, private organizations, joint stock companies and others.
- Following a specific structure.
- Presentation style.
- Report formatting requirements.
If we talk about the structure of research work, then in 2020 the same general requirements are imposed on it as in previous periods. The plan looks like this:
- Title page with information about the author, the title of the work and the organization in which the defense of the research was carried out and is planned.
- Content that includes work items.
- List of used abbreviations (abbreviations) and specific terms. Depending on the work, this item may be present or excluded from the general research plan.
- Introduction, in which the author sets himself the goal of the research and the tasks that will need to be revealed in the course of work. Also, here can be reflected the methods by which the achievement of the goal will be realized.
- The main part, divided into chapters. It reflects, as a rule, theoretical research on the problem posed. In the second, a general evidence base is provided. Whereas in the third part, specific tasks are solved, with the possibility of their application in practice. In the overwhelming majority of cases, this section is limited to three chapters, although with more serious research work, the number of sections can be increased in the main part.
- The conclusion contains the main conclusions of the work. This part also provides a further perspective of research in this area. As well as the practical application and value of the research done.
- List of used literature. All publications that were used in the work should be presented here in alphabetical order.
- The application is drawn up when the work is accompanied by additional graphs, tables, diagrams, drawings and others.
The number of items on the list depends on the level of research and development. So, for student work, it can be about 20 sources. Whereas for a doctoral dissertation it is about 300 titles. It is necessary to take into account one more main point – the list of used literature should include own publications (if any).
In the overwhelming majority of cases, this is the sequence of presentation of the research material.
In addition to the main part, most of the work (except for student coursework and bachelor’s diplomas) is also accompanied by an abstract. It is used for dissertations, both master’s and master’s and doctoral dissertations. This document briefly reflects the essence of all the work done while maintaining its structure.
Rules for registration of research work
In addition to the structure, there are requirements for the rules for the design of research papers. Here are the most important ones:
- Sections are designated with Arabic numerals, sequentially numbered.
- The section is divided into subsections with the corresponding numerical designation.
- Figures, graphs, diagrams and diagrams of small size are located immediately after their first mention in the text and are also numbered consecutively, corresponding to the sections.
- Large drawings and large diagrams, as well as other images are placed in applications. It should be borne in mind that in the text such a figure is referenced with an indication of the application.
- The application itself is numbered with letters.
- Tables, formulas and figures have their own designation, which is drawn up in accordance with the above standard.
Reporting on research work
When designing research work, a standard A4 sheet is used, on which the text is typed:
- Using single page printing.
- Font – Times New Roman 14-point size.
- There is a 1.5 spacing between the lines.
- Margins: right – 10 mm, all others – 20 mm.
It should be noted that no corrections in the R&D text are allowed. Therefore, if the author made a mistake, then this sheet will need to be reprinted.
As for the volume requirements, it all depends on who writes this work and for what purposes:
- So, for term papers, it can be 20-30 sheets.
- For master’s theses – about 80-90 pages.
- For candidate dissertations – 100-150 sheets.
- For doctoral students – about 300.
An example of a research paper
Designing a research paper is a rather troublesome task that requires responsibility and a clear understanding of the structure. It is easier to always work on ready-made examples of works. Therefore, for review, we offer several copies, the design of which is made in accordance with all the rules.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.