Health Care Reform Bill,November 8, 2018
System InteroperabilityNovember 8, 2018
Assignment #1 The Health Problem –Health Policy Link (17.5 points)
Identify a health problem in the US Health Care sector from the list below. Prepare a summary document using the required format shown below. Select from the following health problems. Note only three (3) to four (4) students may select each topic area. The Instructor will establish a Discussion or Assignment to sign up these topics.
- Tobacco dependency threatens the health of many Americans and it poses a preventable burden to the health care system.
- It is not unusual for patients in US hospitals to acquire preventable diseases infections and conditions during their stay in the hospital.
- A growing pool of patients is unable to read and write in the English language. Language is a barrier to effective care delivery as well as patient compliance.
- Elderly and disabled patients with multiple medications are at risk of medication interactions and potential drug safety concerns.
- Veterans may suffer from service-related injuries, both physical and mental health are concerns for the VA.
- Not all medical devices are constructed safely. Patients and providers rely on their safety.
- Health care providers are scarce in certain low-income and rural under-served areas in the US, including Native American territories.
- Disadvantaged patients may seek care in emergency rooms because they have no where else to receive services.
- Disadvantaged children often do not have health insurance and do not receive the preventive care (such as vaccines and well-baby check-ups) that can avoid long-term health problems.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"