The goal of this assignment is for you to examine some of the problematic issues or criticism of college sports.
You can find material on the following files provided below.
Examples of issues could be from the following list â€“ but additional issues as well:
– gender discrimination.
– economic exploitation of athletes in revenue-producing sports of â€œbig-timeâ€ athletic programs.
– problematic graduation rates of athletes.
– impact of athletics of college life.
– financial budget distribution of the athletic department(s).
– sources of funding for athletics and its impact on programs.
– role and actions of coaches, and their hiring and firing.
– economics of college sports.
Ideally you would only focus on 1-3 issues here â€“ not more.
In your report, you should focus on the following arguments:
1. What is the specific issue (or problem) at hand? (Define it clearly)
2. What are the reasons given for the problem in your references?
3. What is your opinion about the arguments made in your references?
4.Most importantly: what should be done to address this issue?
Here, you should be specific. Can the issue be addressed adequately
with minor adjustments or are more drastic measures needed?
5. What would you like the outcome of your solution to be?
2 â€“ 2 Â½ pages, typed, double-spaced. 1 â€“ 1 Â¼ inches margins.
Cover Page: State title, your name. Staple top-left corner.
Add reference page at end.