In the Evaluation Essay, you will write a 750 word essay in which you critique the quality of some work or object. Your goal is to convince the reader to view your subject in the same way as you. criteria below (I started the essay but never finished) October 23, 2018
Discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” Identify the importance of the IOM “Future of Nursing” report related to nursing practice, nursing education and nursing workforce development. What is the role of state-based action coalitions and how do they advance goals of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action?October 23, 2018
Prewriting and Annotated Bibliography Details
Prewriting and planning are essential to writing an effective essay, so for this week’s assignment, you will complete the prewriting and planning steps of the process for developing the Research Essay. Additionally, you will also included an annotated bibliography, which includes a full APA Style reference followed by a brief summary of the source, and a description of how that source may be used in your essay. To complete the prewriting assignment, you will submit one document (or perhaps multiple documents) that include ALL of the following:
- A prewriting/”discovering” exercise to generate lots of ideas, like freewriting, brainstorming, or concept mapping. (3 points)
- A working thesis statement (directly addresses the prompt; most effective as the last sentence of the introduction. (2 points)
- An outline of your essay. (3 points)
- An annotated bibliography with 6 sources. Make sure to review this document for information about how the annotated bibliography should be constructed. (10 points)
Note: if you create a concept map in an image editing program, you may submit this portion of the assignment separately from the rest of the assignment in a common image format, like .jpg or .pdf. Genius Scan is a great, free app that allows you to take, upload, and send images in.jpg or .pdf right from your smartphone.
Being a nurse requires you to solve problems at a moment’s notice. For this essay, identify a problem you have encountered and prepare a plan for how to solve it. You may find it useful to consult the “Organizational Patterns for Solving a Problem” chart in the “Solving a Problem: Crime and Justice” chapter of your textbook for help organizing your essay. And, refer to this Planning a Problem-Solving Essay document for further information. Read the several example essays in the “Solving a Problem: Crime and Justice” chapter to see how others have presented their problem and solution.
You may choose one of these contexts:
- A problem you have encountered working as a nurse
- A problem you have encountered as a student at Hondros College
- A problem you have encountered in your personal life (use this topic only as a last resort)
Whichever topic you choose, your essay must include the following:
- At least one direct quotation from the each article on your references page
- At least one paraphrase from each article on your references page
- A total of at least 5 unique sources, cited and referenced properly
- A clear thesis statement in the introductory paragraph
- Excellent organization of your ideas
- A references page with the full reference details
- A word count of 1250 words, at minimum
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code "Newclient"