When drawing up literature in term paper, the final part of the course work. Students often do not delve into the rules for the design of this section. And teachers, in turn, often pay attention to its competent design. This can often lead to a drop in score.
It is important not to make mistakes or inaccuracies. It is worth initially doing everything right in order to avoid conflicts with the supervisor.
General Provisions of a term paper
As a rule, the course bibliography consists of 20 sources, one third of which may be Internet resources. It is necessary to indicate not only textbooks, but also scientific journals, various studies, publications, legislative acts, standards.
Features of bibliography design of a term paper
The main feature of the design of the list of literary sources is that the list is listed in order of importance. The following order of importance is now approved:
- Official documents;
- Regulatory and technical documents;
- Books in a foreign language;
- Electronic resources;
- Articles, quotes and more.
It should be understood that each university may have its own order of the list of references. For up-to-date information, it is best to contact the department, to the scientific advisor or to the laboratory assistant-consultant.
Rules to adhere to regardless of the source category
- All authors on the cover of the book must be listed.
- Always write the author’s surname first, followed by the initials.
- In each section of the bibliography, sources should be listed in alphabetical order.
- Errors and typos should not be allowed when writing the bibliography.
- Each new source is written on a new line.
- All sources must be real. It is forbidden to write non-existent invented information.
Punctuation requirements in a term paper
If the general provisions are more or less clear, then with punctuation everything is much more complicated. After all, no one wants to get a score lower because of a forgotten period or comma.
We will briefly list the basic rules to remember.
- After the surname, before the initials, you need to put a comma.
- Next, we write the name of the source without quotes
- If the book was written by several authors, then at the beginning of the line we write the first author. The title of the book should be followed by a slash, followed by the following authors (maximum 3) in alphabetical order.
- It is necessary to indicate the name of the publisher, place and year of issue of the publication.
Heed our advice and you can easily cope with writing a list of used sources. After all, it is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.