Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine researchAugust 21, 2020
Sports Science Dive MedicineAugust 21, 2020
- Read the following scenario from the text (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2011, p. 482):
- Twelve-hour shifts are problematic for patient and nurse safety, and yet hospitals continue to keep the 12-hour shift schedule. In 2004, the Institute of Medicine (Board on Health Care Services & Institute of Medicine, 2004) published a report that referred to studies as early as 1988 that discussed the negative effects of rotating shifts on intervention accuracy. Workers with 12-hour shifts realized more fatigue than workers on 8-hour shifts. In another study done in Turkey by Ilhan, Durukan, Aras, Turkcuoglu, and Aygun (2006), factors relating to increased risk for injury were age of 24 or less, less than 4 years of nursing experience, working in the surgical intensive care units, and working for more than 8 hours.
- Consider how the resources identified in the scenario above could influence an organization’s practice.
Post 1 page response APA
- Select an issue in your practice that is of concern (rotaing shifts) to you and provide a description of your practice concern.
- Using health information technology, locate at least three evidence-based practice resources that address your concern and that could possibly inform further action. Outline how you used health information technology to locate evidence-based practices that address this concern. Cite and include insights from the resources.
- Analyze how health information technology supports evidence-based practice.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.